
Antwerp (Eurotoday): Starting January 1, 2025, Antwerp will implement nighttime garbage collection to enhance efficiency and reduce daytime traffic disruptions. This change will affect busy streets like Simonsstraat and Mercatorstraat, improving living conditions for residents and commuters.
It has been said that from 2025, Antwerp will have garbage collectors working at night to make waste collection more efficient and reduce daytime disruptions. Currently, night collection is only done on certain busy streets, like the Leien and Turnhoutsebaan, where heavy traffic and pedestrian activity make it hard for garbage trucks to operate during the day. This change aims to improve the collection process in these crowded areas.
What are the benefits of Antwerp’s new nighttime garbage collection starting January 1, 2025?
The decision to collect garbage at night shows that Antwerp wants to improve waste management and reduce issues for residents and commuters. By moving more collections to the quieter hours, the city aims to keep streets cleaner and make traffic flow better during the day. This plan helps tackle problems in busy areas and supports efforts to improve living conditions in the city.
Starting January 1, Antwerp will expand nighttime garbage collection. This change aims to make things easier for everyone, according to Alderman Els van Doesburg. Garbage trucks often cause traffic jams in the morning, which is frustrating for people heading to work or school. The new plan will apply to busy streets like Simonsstraat and Mercatorstraat near the Central Station, as well as in the new Borsbeek area on streets like Frans Beirenslaan and Herentalsebaan.
Comments
4 responses to “Antwerp to Launch Nighttime Garbage Collection on January 1, 2025, to Alleviate Traffic”
-
Ah, Antwerp’s brilliant plan to launch nighttime garbage collection—because who doesn’t want the soothing sound of clattering bins and the gentle whiff of last week’s dinner to serenade us as we sleep? Clearly, tackling traffic by turning our streets into a late-night rubbish rave is the innovative solution we never knew we needed. Bravo, Antwerp! If only they could collect the traffic jam while they’re at it!
-
Ah, Antwerp’s brilliant plan to launch nighttime garbage collection—because who doesn’t love the sweet serenade of trash trucks at 3 a.m.? It’s simply revolutionary; nothing like the soothing sounds of refuse being wrestled from the cobblestones to really help one hit the hay. Maybe next, they’ll consider a ‘quiet hour’ for all those pesky late-night revelers; after all, nothing says “living the European dream” like dodging both bins and binge-drinkers in the moonlight!
-
Ah, Antwerp’s brilliant solution to traffic woes: nighttime garbage collection! Because who wouldn’t want to be serenaded by the sweet symphony of trash trucks while the rest of us are trying to enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep? Perhaps they should also consider a late-night opera about the joys of rubbish, just to keep the evening’s ambiance *chic* and *sophisticated*, don’t you think?
-
Ah, Antwerp’s brilliant new plan to collect garbage at night—because clearly, what the city needed was more lorries rumbling through the streets while we try to catch some Zs. Who needs a peaceful night’s sleep when you can enjoy the sweet serenade of refuse trucks navigating around your beloved cobblestones? Bravo, Antwerp! A real masterclass in urban planning, innit?
Last News

€1000 Fine in Greece for Collecting Shells or Pebbles
Visitors shoul

Bulgaria Joins European Defense Ecosystem with Rheinmetall Investment, States President Rumen Radev
Rheinmetall will collaborate with the Bulgarian government to establish two facto

Ex-Ukraine Parliament Speaker Fatally Shot in Lviv
Parubiy, who played a significant role in the pro-Western Euromaidan revolution from 2013-2014, served as the speaker of Ukraine’s parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, between 2016 and 2019.
Ukraine̵

Man Stabbed on Sint-Elisabethstraat in Antwerp North
Antwerp (Eurotoday Newspaper) – A man was seriously stabbed on Sint-Elisabethstraat in Antwerp North around 5:40 p.m. on Saturday, Aug 30, 2025. He was hospitalised. Wouter Bruyns of Antwerp Police confirmed that police are searching for the attacker.
As VRT News reported, a man was seriously injured in a stabbing on Sint-Elisabethstraat in Antwerp North on Saturday, Aug 30, 2025, around 5:40 p.

10 Fascinating Facts About Fireflies
These luminous creatures are fascinating. Here are 10 intriguing facts about fireflies. And no, capturing them in a jar won’t save on your electricity bill, nor will you fully enjoy their beauty!
Fireflies belong to the order of Beetles,

Slovenian Minister Criticizes U.S. Denial of Visas for Palestinian Delegation Ahead of UN Meeting
Upon arriving at the meeting in Copenhagen, Fajon expressed her si

Houthi Prime Minister Killed in Israeli Airstrike on Yemen Capital

Ghent Welcomes 35 Teams for Annual Carolus Quinto Rowing Race
Ghent (Brussels Morning Newspaper) – Today, Aug 30, 2025, 35 rowing teams, including Belgium and Netherlands crews, raced 20 sloops and 15 flat-bottomed boats in Ghent’s canals. Organised by Carolus Quinto, proceeds support their Atlantic Challenge goals.
As VRT News reported, the canals in Ghent’s city centre hosted 35 rowing teams from Belgium and the Netherlands today, Aug 30, 2025, for the a

7 Inspiring Steps to Integrate Values Education in Every School

Bashtova Castle Reopens Following EU4Culture Restoration, Gonzato: Celebrating Albania’s Rich Heritage
The castle’s inauguration drew local officials, diplomatic representatives, citizens, and tourists, highlighting the value of sustainable tourism and her
Leave a Reply